In this guide we will explain how you can import Products and Price/Stock information automatically from your Shopify store into your Jinius Marketplace store. This will save you time as you won’t need to update stock and price changes on 2 platforms, all information will be synchronized between the 2 systems making your life easier. Also, doing this will also make it much easier for you when you want to import new products into the Jinius Marketplace as well.
In order to synchronize your Products, Stock and Prices with the Jinius Marketplace there are some requirements:
- You need to have connected your Shopify store with your Jinius Marketplace store. There is a separate guide explaining how this can be done.
- In your Shopify store, your products need to all have a SKU value. Any products or variant that don’t have an SKU value will not be available for synchronizing.
While the Jinius Marketplace integrates well with Shopify, there are small some limitations:
- Even though “Order synchronization” will be enabled in Mirakl Connect, all Orders and Refunds that came through the Jinius Marketplace, must be Fulfilled via the Jinius backend, not through Shopify.
- If you want to delete a Variant in your Shopify account, first set its stock to ‘0’ for 24 hours, then delete it if you want. The reason is that when you delete a Variant in Shopify, it does not update the Jinius Marketplace, so there it still remains available.
Selecting which Category each Shopify Product will be imported to
In the first part of the process, we will create rules that will control which Jinius Marketplace Category each of your Shopify products will be imported to. To do this:
- Log into Mirakl Connect with your credentials.
- On the left menu, click on “Shopify”. Here you will see a list of products that Mirakl Connect has managed to read from your Shopify store.
Note: If there are less that you expect, go to the “Imports” tab. Here you can click on the “Download report” option and open the file in Excel, and see why some products may not be readable (e.g. No SKU value).
- Go to the “Feed” tab and then click on “Configure Jinius”.
- Click on “Configuration” and ensure that:
a) The “Activate offer synchronization” option is enabled
b) The “Activate order feed” option is enabled, as well as all the options below, including the “Activate refund synchronization from Mirakl to Shopify”.
Then click “Save” at the bottom of the page to save these settings.
- Click on the “Listing” tab.
- Here we are going to create multiple rules that will filter products of your Shopify Store using Shopify “product type”, “Collection”, “tag”, etc, and then allocate them to a Jinius Marketplace Category.
To create rules:
a) Click on “Create a rule”
b) Fill in a Name for this rule. This can be anything, but a good suggestion is to give it a name that identified which Jinius Category this rule will put products into (e.g. “Men Sneakers”).
c) In the “Marketplace category”, select the category from the drop-down that will be where the products you will filter are going to be added to.
d) Next, make sure “Product Mapping” is selected, then press “Add condition”.
e) Now from the dropdown, select an attribute that you want to filter with and then select a value.
f) Once you click outside the box, a list of products will appear below based on the filters you selected.
g) Review the list of products that appear, and if needed, create additional rules to further limit the products that appear by repeating step d) to f).
h) Once you have the right list of products for this Category, press “Apply changes” to save the rule.
In the above example, we have created the rule ”Girl Sneakers”, that filters for products that in my Shopify store have:
• Product type: “Girls Shoes”
• Tag: “anatomic” or “sport shoes”
- Repeat step #6 as many times as you want, each time creating a new rule. Note that the “Total products mapped” shows you how many of your Shopify store products have been detected by the rules you have created, compared to the total amount of products you have in your Shopify store.
In the below example, my rules have detected 185 products out of the 187 products I have in my Shopify.
- At this point, any new products you add in your Shopify store will also automatically be detected by these rules, as long as you re-use the same “Collections”, “tags”, etc. Note that you can always add new rules in the future if needed when for example you add new Tags, Collection, or Product Types to your Shopify store.
Importing the Products into Jinius Marketplace
Now that Mirakl Connect has read the products from your Shopify store and you have created rules that define which Jinius Marketplace Categories they should be added to, the last step is to import the products.
It is important to note that each time you want to add new products to the Jinius Marketplace, you need to repeat this process, however, all settings are saved which means that you won’t need to do all the settings again, so only the first time is slightly more time consuming.
To do this:
- Log into Mirakl Connect with your credentials.
- On the left menu, click on “Shopify” and then select “Feed” > “Configure Jinius”.
- Go to the “Product Export” tab.
- Here select “All products”, then press “Access your store on Jinius”.
- You will now be redirected to the Mapping Wizard to do some final fine-tuning. First, you need to associate the Product Characteristics of your Shopify store with the corresponding Mirakl Product Characteristics.
The way you associate the Product Characteristics is:
a) On the right are the Mirakl Product Attributes, expand all the tree items in the menu to have a clear picture of all the Attributes.
b) The Mirakl Product Characteristics are color-coded:
• Red: mandatory characteristics, that must be associated
• Yellow: recommended characteristics, that are considered popular and important for the selected product categories
• Black: optional characteristics
c) First Identify the Red/Mandatory characteristics.
d) For these, decide which Shopify Attributes (left) correspond to the Jinius Marketplace Attributes.
e) Drag-and-drop each one from Your Catalog Characteristics over to the corresponding Mirakl Characteristic.
Note: you can associate your characteristics to more than one Mirakl Characteristics!
f) Repeat steps “c” to “e” for the yellow/recommended and black/optional characteristics.
g) The minimum requirement is to associate the mandatory ones, but adding as many as possible will make the product appear more appealing.
Tip: Shopify uses “Tags” to describe certain characteristics of products, e.g. for “Dresses” you might have tags like “maxi”, “mini”, etc. You can associate “tags” with mandatory Attributes to fill in these fields.
- Once you have mapped the Attributes you want, press “Next Step”.
- In the Jinius Marketplace, some Attributes have specific values. Now you must associate the attributes of Shopify with similar ones that the Jinius Marketplace expects. This is alsk
To do this:
a) Expand each category on the left.
b) Select the first value.
c) Once you select a value, a list will appear on the right.
d) Select which value is the closest one to what you selected on the left.
e) Repeat these steps for as many values as you can.
Note: after mapping each value, they disappear. If you make a mistake or want to review what you already mapped, press the “Unmapped values only” option at the top.
- Once you have mapped the values that you want on the left, press “Next Step”.
- (Optional) The last step is to tell the Jinius Marketplace if there are any specific requirements that you would like to set on how to present the Product Information on the Jinius Storefront. A few examples are:
a) Capitalize the first letter of the Product Name.
b) If your catalog stores some information in HTML, remove all HTML references and keep only the text.
c) If you have an EAN code for your products, present in in the current format with the spaces and dashes.
If you want to add such rules, what you need to do is:
a) Select an Attribute you want to set a formatting rule for on the left
b) From the options that appear on the right, select the rules you want (you can add more than one for each attribute)
c) Repeat this for all attributes you want to set formatting rules for
Note: If you are unsure whether you need to add any rules, skip this step. After you import your products, you can check the format and if there is something you want to change, you can repeat the process and add the rules you want. This will update the existing products with the new rules you select.
- Once you have finished setting the formatting rules for your Attributes, press “Next step”.
- In the final step, we validate whether all required fields have been filled in. If there are any errors, Mirakl will tell you in which step it is and allow you to go back by pressing the "Previous Step” button and correct it.
In this step, you can also review how many products will be imported based on your Attribute mapping.
After you correct any errors, press ”Import my products”:
- Once you do this, you will be redirected back to Mirakl Connect. The new products will be reviewed by the Jinius Marketplace Team and will usually be available online within the next 24 hours.